Patient Assessment Survey
Good patient experience with the health care delivery system is an important indicator of quality. It has been linked to multiple benefits for patients, including improved disease management, adherence to medication regimens, quality of life and health outcomes.
For nearly 20 years, PBGH has been a thought leader in patient experience measurement and runs the nation’s largest program to gather patient feedback and produce annual provider organization ratings. Annually, patient opinions and experiences regarding 176 provider organizations are collected from more than 40,000 commercially insured patients.
Two core products are offered:
- Provider Organization Survey:
- Commercial Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) and Point-of- Service (POS) patients (Adult or Pediatric)
- Medi-Cal patients (Adult)
- Provider Survey:
- Annual fielding: Commercial HMO, POS, Medicare or Medi-Cal patients (Adult or Pediatric providers)
- Quarterly fielding: Commercial HMO, POS, Medicare or Medi-Cal patients (Adult or Pediatric providers)
Survey results include clinical, patient experience and cost-of-care ratings, and are made available to consumers through the California Department of Managed Health Care’s Office of the Patient Advocate Health Care Quality Report Cards website. Performance on the Patient Assessment Survey (PAS) Group-Level Survey also accounts for 30% of the bonus of the Integrated Healthcare Association’s (IHA) Value-Based Align. Measure. Perform. (AMP) program. AMP is a nationally recognized effort designed to drive meaningful changes that reduce costs and improve care quality and outcomes in California and nationwide.
Program ContactValerie Kong
Senior Manager, Transparency