Equity and Quality at Independent Practices in LA County (2023-2025)
Equity and Quality at Independent Practices in LA County (EQuIP-LA) is a two-year quality improvement collaborative for small, independent, primary care practices and independent physician associations (IPAs) serving Medi-Cal enrollees of color in Los Angeles County.
The program is a joint project of PBGH’s California Quality Collaborative (CQC), California Health Care Foundation (CHCF), Community Partners, Health Net and L.A. Care Health Plan. It will focus on building quality improvement and advanced primary care capabilities across three IPAs and 30 independent practices, with the goal of improving outcomes for patients served by those practices.
The collaborative will leverage a train-the-trainer approach. CQC will provide funding, training and other technical assistance to participating IPAs, which will work directly with their enrolled practices to tailor, test, implement and scale quality improvement best practices.
CQC’s technical assistance includes:
- Direct funding to support infrastructure investments and projects to reduce health disparities for participating IPAs and their enrolled practices.
- Training on evidence-based frameworks to support high quality primary care, including the Model for Improvement and the 10 Building Blocks of Primary Care.
- One-on-one needs assessment and improvement advising to define and implement IPA- and practice-specific quality improvement plans.
- Data insights, including tools to support visualization and interpretation of performance data to identify improvement opportunities.
- The opportunity to engage with peers from other organizations to share learnings and ideas.
How to Join
If you are interested in participating and want to learn more, please contact Michael Au at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The collaborative is possible thanks to support from the California Health Care Foundation.