CalHIVE Behavioral Health Integration
The CalHIVE Behavioral Health Integration Improvement Collaborative is a three-year program operated by the California Quality Collaborative (CQC) that begins July 2023 and will focus on supporting California primary care practices as they integrate behavioral health services. CalHIVE Behavioral Health Integration will help organizations launch or expand screening, treatment and referrals for patients with mild-to-moderate depression, substance use disorders and other conditions.
The program will improve integration of behavioral health services within primary care for Californians by:
- Defining and implementing an integration pathway for each participant aligned with their organizational objectives.
- Increasing access to behavioral health services within the primary care setting to support depression and substance use management.
- Improving behavioral health and chronic disease outcomes across key indicators (depression screening, response and remission, diabetes, etc.).
CQC will offer program participants:
- Funding of up to $100,000 over the duration of the program.
- Direct support to implement our Behavioral Health Integration Curriculum designed for California-based organizations.
- Learning events and improvement advising to design and implement efficient, sustainable and effective behavioral health services.
- The opportunity to engage with peers from other provider organizations and systems in an improvement collaborative model to share learnings and ideas.
How to Join
The CalHIVE Behavioral Health Integration Improvement Collaborative is open to California-based provider organizations looking to initiate or expand integration of behavioral health services into primary care. Participants are expected to expand behavioral health screening across their network and pilot their defined integration model at one or more practices.
Eligible organizations include:
- Independent Physician Associations
- Management Services Organizations
- Accountable Care Organizations
- Federally Qualified Health Centers
If you are interested in participating and want to learn more, please contact Michael Au at email@example.com.
CQC’s Behavioral Health Integration Initiative is possible thanks to the generous support of the Centene Corporation and is a part of CQC’s CalHIVE Improvement Collaboratives offered to provider organizations in California.
CalHIVE Behavioral Health Integration Improvement Collaborative Prospectus
Past Events and Training
CalHIVE Behavioral Health Integration Improvement Collaborative: Informational Webinar
Join this webinar to learn about our upcoming technical assistance program, the CalHIVE Behavioral Health Integration Improvement Collaborative, and how to participate.