January 6, 2021
Redesigning Care Delivery for a Healthier Population
PBGH led a statewide Practice Transformation Network in California as part of a CMS-funded four-year Transforming Clinical Practice Initiative.
Key program elements
- Worked with 9,800 CA-based physicians, serving 5.9 million patients as part of the state’s largest quality improvement effort.
- Provided peer-based learning, coaching and technical support to improve quality of patient care and reduce care costs.
- $345 Million in Cost Savings.
- $6.63 Saved per $1 Invested.
- $$35,000 Saved per Clinician
- 67,000 Avoided ED Visits
- 59,000 Avoided Hospital Admissions
- 26,000 Diabetics with Improved HbA1C Control
- 59,000 Patients with Improved Care Process