Why Hospital Price Transparency Matters
- Click on the image you would like to include and save it to your computer.
- Copy the post text.
- Log into your Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook account and post the text with the image you saved.
Image Options (choose one)
- Prices for an M.R.I. at Mass General
- Prices for an M.R.I. at Aurora St. Luke’s in Milwaukee
- Prices for an M.R.I. at Memorial Regional Hospital in Florida
- Prices for a colonoscopy at University of Mississippi Medical Center
- Prices for a pregnancy test at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
Tweet: This is why hospital price transparency is important. A @nytimes report shows hospitals are charging patients wildly different amounts for the same basic services: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/08/22/upshot/hospital-prices.html #FairHealthCosts
LinkedIn or Facebook: The variation in prices charged to patients covered by different health plans, or with no coverage at all, is exactly why hospital price transparency is so important. More hospitals need to come into compliance with transparency requirements. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/08/22/upshot/hospital-prices.html