The CalHIVE (Health-Impact-Value-Engagement) Network, a multi-year collaborative operated by the California Quality Collaborative, aims to improve care for people with diabetes or asthma by maximizing the use of virtual care tools.
CalHIVE provides a range of coaching and educational opportunities to ensure providers will lead the way in creating a sustainable health care system that works for everyone. Technical assistance includes individualized coaching by experts, learning activities (including skills training, virtual peer sharing, and site visits), data insights and analytics.
CalHIVE’s participants are seven provider organizations representing 1,300 clinicians located in eight counties throughout Southern California, the Inland Empire and the Central Valley. Participating organizations include:
- Central City Community Health Center – a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) with locations in the Inland Empire, Los Angeles and Orange counties
- Choice Medical Group – an Independent Physician Association (IPA) in the Inland Empire
- Desert Oasis Healthcare – an IPA in the Inland Empire
- EPIC Management, LLC – a Management Services Organization (MSO) and IPA located in the Inland Empire
- Golden Valley Health Centers – an FQHC in the Central Valley (Merced and Stanislaus counties)
- PrimeCare – an IPA in the Inland Empire
- Prospect Medical Group – an MSO and multiple IPAs in the Inland Empire, Los Angeles and Orange counties
The CalHIVE Network builds on CQC’s, four-year Practice Transformation Initiative — which engaged over 4,500 physicians providing care for 3.1 million patients and generated $186 million in cost savings, or $10.11 for every dollar invested. The program produced dramatic reductions in emergency room utilization and hospitalizations and equally impressive gains in care quality.
CalHIVE Brief: Integrated Technical Assistance
PBGH Launches Primary Care Collaborative to Improve Chronic Disease Care in a Virtual Setting
PBGH announces a new program designed to improve care for patients with chronic disease within the primary care setting by fully optimizing the tools of virtual health care.
CalHIVE Program Prospectus
Past Events and Training
CalHIVE/Resilient Primary Care: Strengthening Your Telehealth Strategy
In this webinar, we were joined by David Ford of the California Medical Association as presenters shared a framework to strategically plan around telehealth and virtual care.
CMA & CQC Joint Webinar – Lessons from the Field: Post-Telehealth Implementation
Joint webinar with the California Medical Association (CMA) where attendees heard from clinician speakers who offered technology, workflow, and documentation improvements tested and adopted in virtual and hybrid care settings.
Primary & Maternity Care Integration
We learned what primary care practices can do to improve the health of pregnant individuals.
Optimize Virtual Chronic Disease Care
Attendees discussed opportunities and identified challenges in sustaining virtual chronic disease care, and heard how participation in our CalHIVE Network can improve telehealth operations.