CQC Webinar: Resilient Primary Care – Insights into Virtual Patient Engagement
Today, telehealth is more accepted by patients, providers and plans, but there may be disparities in how under-represented patients experience virtual care. Purchaser Business Group on Health (PBGH)’s California Quality Collaborative (CQC) hosted a webinar highlighting key findings, and implications for plans and providers, from the recent statewide survey on telehealth experience for Commercial and Medi-Cal patients.
Featured presenters shared insights into Virtual Patient Engagement:
- Danielle Oryn, DO, Chief Medical Officer and Chief Medical Informatics Officer at Redwood Community Health Coalition, will share on-the-ground provider perspective on preliminary survey results, and highlight improvement opportunities for meeting patients’ needs virtually as well as improving data collection.
- Mark Schweyer, Director of Telehealth Programs at California Health and Wellness/Health Net of California, will review how health plans can support members and providers during the continued transition to telehealth.
- Rachel Brodie, Senior Director and Valerie Kong, Senior Manager of PBGH’s Measurement and Accountability team, will highlight early insights from preliminary statewide survey data regarding patients’ experience of virtual care.
CQC’s Resilient Primary Care Webinar Series is for provider organizations, typically medical groups and independent practice associations as well as mid-sized practices.
Need a recap of what we covered?
- Analyzed preliminary data and insights from statewide survey on telehealth experience for Medi-Cal patients
- Heard challenges and early successful practices from provider groups working to improve telehealth
- Prioritized what small/medium practices and IPAs can do today
- Reviewed support and priorities from health plan partners
Access slide deck here.
Watch recording here:
DatesBegins: September 29, 2021
Ends: September 29, 2021