CQC Webinar – Improving the Collection and Use of Race, Ethnicity and Language Data
This CQC webinar featured a panel of experts about the importance of improving the collection and use of race, ethnicity and language (REaL) data and how that data can help us understand the populations we serve and better address health disparities.
- Rebecca Alcantar, MPA, Population Care Manager, Health Equity and Quality Transformation Division, Covered California
- Teresa Ku-Borden, M.D., Associate Program Director, Adventist Health White Memorial Family Medicine Residency Program
- Cary Sanders, MPP, Senior Policy Director, California Pan-Ethnic Health Network
Revisit the conversation to:
- Review the importance of stratifying REaL data to understand the variation in health outcomes and experiences across populations.
- Hear lessons learned from experts who have worked in the system to enhance quality and increase collection of REaL data.
- Discuss how to support health equity initiatives.
- Review recommendations to improve REaL data collection and usage from a new issue brief published by CQC in partnership with the California Health Care Foundation.
Watch the recording:
CQC’s Resilient Primary Care Webinar Series is for provider organizations, typically medical groups and independent practice associations as well as mid-sized practice
DatesBegins: October 11, 2022
Ends: October 11, 2022