CQC Webinar – Advanced Primary Care: Piloting Practice Level Measurement
On Wednesday, March 30, the Purchaser Business Group on Health’s California Quality Collaborative (CQC) hosted a webinar describing the next step in California’s journey to scale high-quality, efficient and patient-centered primary care, also known as Advanced Primary Care (APC).
The recent pandemic strain on the health system has highlighted the need for deeper transparency. This enables plans, providers and purchasers to make better informed decisions and to focus resource allocation to support providers where needed and drive better population health overall.
With this in mind, CQC and the Integrated Healthcare Association (IHA) have initiated a new APC Measurement pilot, funded initially by the California Health Care Foundation. Four purchasers, including CalPERS, Covered California and eBay, are partnering to test practice level assessment of a common APC measure set.
Featured presenters included:
- Lindsay Petersen, Senior Manager, Care Redesign at PBGH’s CQC
- Peter Robertson, Director, Insights, Analytics & Data Management at PBGH’s CQC
- Dolores Yanagihara, Vice President of Strategic Initiatives at IHA
During this webinar, participants:
- Reinforced their understanding of CQC’s shared definition of APC
- Reviewed CQC’s ongoing APC implementation initiatives.
- Learned about rationale, goals and mechanics of the APC measurement pilot, including a preview of efforts to analyze practice results and incorporate health equity.
- Explored how information gleaned from the pilot could be relevant to their work and understand how to stay involved.
CQC’s Resilient Primary Care Webinar Series is for provider organizations, typically medical groups and independent practice associations as well as mid-sized practices.
Webinar Recording and Slides:
DatesBegins: March 30, 2022
Ends: March 30, 2022